Listed below are the current Rules and Regulations adopted by the Silver Lake Estates Board of Trustees (SLE) effective March 21, 2018, governing the use of Silver Lake, the Park, Boathouse and other Trust property. These Rules are subject to change by future action of the Board of Trustees.
I. Permitted Use of the Lake and the Park
- The Lake, the Park and other Trust property may be used subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Silver Lake Estates (SLE) Board of Trustees by:
(1) all SLE Lot Owners and their family members living in the household whose Lake assessments are paid current
(2) the invited guests accompanied by the Lot Owner
(3) renters of a SLE house provided lot owner advises SLE of this condition on an annual basis.
There is only one (1) lake privilege associated with each lot which can be used by one (1) family. The SLE lot owner and renter is responsible for the SLE assessment and adherence to these Rules and Regulations.
- The use and privileges of the Lake, Park and other Trust property will be withheld from the Lot Owners:
(1) who are temporally suspended for violation of these Rules & Regulations and including directions from Lake Management; or
(2) for whom any SLE assessments remain unpaid.
- The rights and privileges associated with the ownership of a Lot within SLE are not assignable or otherwise transferable, except that such rights and privileges may be assigned for the current year when:
(1) the subject Lot is vacant (i.e. an unimproved Lot; no residence constructed thereon) and
(2) the SLE assessments are paid current and
(3) the proposed assignee must be a resident of Silver Lake Village at the time of the assignment; and
(4) the Lot Owner notifies the Board of Trustees in writing of the name, address and telephone number of the assignee and receives from the Trustees confirmation of the assignment.
- Lot Owners must sign-in at the Boathouse on each occasion the Lake and / or Park is used.
- Lot Owners are responsible for the conduct of their invited guests at all times.
- Lot Owners or a family member must accompany their invited guests.
- Invited guests, not staying with the Lot Owner as a house guest, may be invited to patronize the Lake and the Park once per calendar week (including use of the fishing dock).
- Alcoholic beverages, drugs and fire arms are not permitted on the Lake, the Park or other Trust property.
- Park Hours: From Memorial Day until Labor Day, the Lake and Park hours are from 9 AM —9 PM. Park Management may extend or reduce hours based on the weather. Such extended or reduced hours will be posted at the Boathouse.
- No dogs or other animals are allowed in the Lake or the Park at any time.
- Overnight camping on the Island is permitted with the prior approval of Park Management provided at least one adult Lot Owner is present (or if approved by action of the SLE Trustees). No alcohol, no swimming, no horseplay, no loud noises, no fireworks or non-essential boating are permitted. Rowboats will be provided and boathouse rest rooms will be left open overnight. The Lot Owner is responsible for the supervision and safety of those participating in this event when the park is closed and staff is not on duty. SLV police will be notified of any overnight camp outs and will be provided contact information for the Lot Owner in charge of the event.
- Any Lot Owner or guest who violates any of the SLE Rules and Regulations, disturbs the quiet enjoyment of the Lake and the Park by others or proves to be a risk to others or himself shall be notified by the Park Management to refrain from such conduct. If the Lot Owner once notified, fails to refrain from such conduct, it shall be the duty of the Park Management to exclude the Lot Owner from further privileges of the Lake, the Park and other Trust property for such time as the Park Management shall elect. The Board of Trustees shall take such further actions in the matter, as it deems necessary and proper.
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult.
- Swimming is restricted to the bathing beach area and only when life guards are on duty.
- Lake Swimming: With advance approval of Park Management, one (1) swimmer may swim across the Lake when accompanied by a row boat manned by one (1) qualified SLE Lifeguard. Lake management will coordinate the day and time when a Lifeguard is available. Lot owners are not permitted to make lake swimming arrangements directly with the Lifeguards. Lifeguards are employees of SLE and are compensated and insured by SLE.
- No one shall talk to the Lifeguards while they are on duty, except when necessary for safety purposes and during breaks.
- All Lot Owners and guests must obey all safety rules and instructions given by the Lifeguards and Park Management.
Floating devices are only permitted between beach and the first north/south float line.
- No running, pushing or other horseplay is permitted on the Lake or in the Park.
- Only one (1) person at a time is permitted on the diving board or water slide.
- All swimmers under the age of twelve (12), must be supervised by an adult.
- Individuals, regardless of age, may be asked to take a swim test.
- The Lifeguard on duty has the right to determine the competency of the swimmer.
- All boaters under the age of sixteen (16) and all persons who have not passed a swimming skills test provided by Park Management regardless of age, shall wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved type-one, – two or —three personal flotation device (PFD) at all times while on watercraft. At least one type-one, – two or —three PFD per person shall be carried aboard every boat at all times while on Silver Lake.
- From Labor Day to Memorial all boaters are required to wear a PFD.
- Boating, canoeing, sailing, wind surfing, stand up paddle boarding, etc. is only permitted during Park hours.
- Boating is only permitted outside of the swimming area.
- No motorized or power boats are allowed on the Lake except for: (1) electric trolling motors and (2) as authorized by the Park Management or by the express written permission of the SLE Board of Trustees.
- No Canoes, sailboats, rowboats, wind surfers or boats of any kind can be stored on SLE property except those moored in the lake adjacent to or in the Boathouse.
- Lot Owners may launch a boat from their SLE lakeside lots, but water craft shall not be moored in the lake or partially in the lake (All SLE Rules apply including the use of life jackets.)
- Boats stored on SLE lakeside lots should be kept out of sight as much as possible.
- All watercraft of any kind and watercraft accessories stored in or next to the Boathouse must be marked with the SLE Lot Number and/or the Lot Owner’s name.
- Lot Owners bear the sole responsibility for all watercraft and accessories stored at the Boathouse or moored adjacent to the Boathouse. Neither the SLE Board of Trustees, Park Management or other employees or agents are responsible for any theft, loss or damage sustained by any watercraft or accessories or other property stored in or adjacent to the Boathouse.
- Occupancy of any water craft shall not exceed the manufacturers or the U.S. Coast Guard weight and personnel rating.
- All boaters under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied by an adult including rowboats, paddle boats, wind surfers, stand up paddle boards and other water craft.
- Lot Owners interested in securing a boat storage space may do so by registering in advance with Park Management at the Boathouse.
- Park Management will conduct a drawing on August 15th to determine which Lot Owners are entitled to occupy a boat storage space for the coming year beginning September 1st.
- Park Management shall determine when boats may begin to be moored in Silver Lake in the spring and when boats may no longer be moored in Silver Lake in the fall and shall post these dates in advance on the bulletin Board at the Boathouse. No boat may be moored in Silver Lake between the fall and spring dates so established.
- Lot Owners and guest boating from the boathouse or boat ramp must first sign-in at the Boathouse.
- The use of inflatable boats must be Coast Guard or Park Management approved.
- No shore fishing is permitted, except from the Fishing Dock at the south end of the Boathouse.
- There is no limit on pan fish, except as otherwise posted at the Boathouse.
- Lot Owners who wish to participate in the Extended Hours Fishing Program shall be: (1) a lot owner or household family member over the age of 18 with written authorization of the Lot Owner to SLE and (2) prepare and submit a written application to Park Management and (3) pay a non-refundable annual fee of (in addition to the Lake assessment).
- Lot Owners and family members designated by the lot owner who are accepted into the Extended Hours Fishing Program shall (1) be entitled to fish during the extended hours of 5 AM to 10 PM (from a boat) from March 1 through December 1 each year (2) be given a key to the Boathouse deck, the row boats and related equipment for fishing purposes only; (3) be required to sign-in at the Boathouse whenever fishing during the hours that the Park is closed (4) be subject to having privileges under the Hours fishing program revoked without refund if, in the sole discretion of the Park Management said participant is determined to have violated this special privileges . Use of keys for access to boats and lockers will be suspended if there is a violation of the ‘honor system’ (selling or loaning the key to others, making a copy of the key, etc.).
- No fishing after 9 PM at the Fishing Dock.
V. Winter Sports
- All winter sports activities (i.e. ice skating, cross-country skiing, ice boating) are unsupervised and the lot owners who engage in such winter activities do so at their own risk.
- No ice fishing is permitted.
- No snowmobiles or other motorized vehicles of any type are permitted on the ice, the Park or other Trust property.
- Lot Owners may reserve and use the picnic pods on the Park for picnic purposes. Lot owners may reserve no more than a one (1) picnic pod for one reservation period. A reservation period shall be one of the following: (1) 10 AM to 1 PM or (2) 1 PM to 4 PM or (3) 4 PM to Close (4) such other time approved by Park Management not to exceed four (4) hours. All reservations will be recorded by Park Management. A reservation for a picnic pod cannot be made more than four (4) weeks in advance, unless approved by the SLE Board of Trustees. All reservations must be made in person at the Boathouse. Lot owners may not reserve pods for other lot owners.
- Picnic pod reservations will be held for one (1) hour from the scheduled starting time. After this one hour waiting period the reservation will be considered a ‘no show’ and Lake Management is free to assign the area to another lot owner. If multiple reservations for a lot owner become ‘no shows’, Park Management reserves the right to restrict additional picnic pod reservations for the balance of the current season.
- SLE is not equipped to accommodate large parties (company parties, reunions, weddings, sports banquets, and picnics, etc.) at the Park and Lake. Picnic pod reservations, parties and similar events are limited to a maximum of 25 people (whether arranged by one lot owner or multiple lot owners) unless prior approval is obtained from the Board of Trustees. Lot owners interested in scheduling an event of over 25 people must mail a letter (or an email) to the Board of Trustees providing full details on the proposed event at least fourteen (14) days prior to the requested event. Lot owner’s letter should include the number of children and adults expected for the proposed event so that proper staffing can be arranged. This should be done before inviting guests to attend an event. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to approve, approve with conditions or reject any requested event over 25 people.
- Except as authorized by express written permission from the SLE Board of Trustees, no hunting, shooting or trapping is permitted on the Lake, in the Park or on other Trust property.
- No private docks or other structures of any kind shall be constructed on Trust property surrounding the Lake, in the Park or on other Trust property.
- Nothing shall be done to alter the natural location of the Lake shoreline, including the removal or trimming of trees on Trust Property unless authorized by express written permission of the SLE Board of Trustees.
- No bicycles are permitted in the Park except in the Boathouse parking lot or in the bike racks.
- No roller-skating, in-line skating or skating boarding (or scooters) shall be permitted in the Park, except in the Boathouse parking lot.
- All motor vehicles, bicycles, etc. must be removed from the Boathouse parking lot by closing of the Park each day. Cars parked after hours or illegally may be towed at the owner’s expense. SLV Police have a key to the SLE parking lot gate.
- Lot owners must place all debris in the park’s trash containers.
- SLE dumpster or designated ash receptacle shall only be used for Park business. Anyone using it for private dumping is subject to being billed for trash pickup service.
- Annual SLE assessments shall be considered delinquent if not paid in full as of June 1st of the assessment year. On delinquent assessments there shall be a 10% late payment penalty fee and interest shall accrue at 10% interest until the assessment is paid. A lot owner whose assessments are delinquent shall additionally be responsible to reimburse the SLE Board of Trustees for all out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of such assessment delinquency.
- Smoking is prohibited on all SLE Park property.
- Lot owners are not permitted to treat lake vegetation without Trustee authorization.